Friday, April 3, 2009

what a day

Today was my first full day working out of my new studio at my mom's house. It was originally a separate 2-story, 2-car garage that was filled with scary old junk for years and years and years (I wouldnt crawl in there because there were so many spider webs). About a year ago, my mom bit the bullet and decided to clear it out and turn it into a generic crafting studio for herself. She hand-stenciled the cement floor, installed our old wood burning stove, we handpainted a wall together with trees...let me just say how super cute and cozy it is. Well, now that my own crafting has gone full time, and my apartment just couldnt hack it anymore, her little studio is now MY little studio. Mother/daughter relationships are amazing that way.

So you can picture me today sitting in the studio with the stove burning away watching the monsoon rainstorm through the sliding glass doors that look out onto the backyard, cutting little felt letters.

What a lovely dream I am living right now...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry..there was a spelling error. I wish there was a way to 'edit' instead of 'delete' Anyway, I meant to say......

    "Hi,
    I make eco friendly items from Westchester too. I wonder where you are. :) I just wanted to say that I am so jealous of your new studio. MY studio, if you want to call it that, is in my basement with no natural light. You are so lucky! No wonder you make so many beautiful things. Beautiful surroundings exude beautiful thoughts.

    If you want to be featured on my blog, please let me know.
    Blog: http://ecogeneration.blogspot.com
    Shop: http://ecogeneration.etsy.com

    Karen"

    ReplyDelete